Three Gorges University Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three Gorges University Forum

This is a forum for students in Wanzhou, Chongqing that are attending the Three Gorges University.

首页首页  Latest imagesLatest images  搜索搜索  注册注册  登录  

Traveling Abroad

向下 
4 posters
作者留言
Better

帖子数 : 18
注册日期 : 11-09-21
年龄 : 35
地点 : shuozhou shanxi

Traveling Abroad Empty
帖子主题: Traveling Abroad   Traveling Abroad Empty周三 十月 12, 2011 11:10 pm

I'm curious to want to know whether it is difficult to go abroad?
In America, do you all have an independent character?You will not dependent on your parents when you are still child.
返回页首 向下
Nate
Admin
Nate

帖子数 : 47
注册日期 : 11-09-20
地点 : Wanzhou, Chongqing

Traveling Abroad Empty
帖子主题: 回复: Traveling Abroad   Traveling Abroad Empty周四 十月 13, 2011 11:42 am

Better, this is a complicated question, and it depends on certain individuals. Many people in the United States are independent, and it's normal for sons and daughters to no longer live with parents once they turn 18 and go to college. At that time, for many, it is the last time they will have lived with their parents. I also think parents try to raise their children to be independent in the United States.

For many students that study languages (and also many that don't), this means traveling abroad. College is the most common time for someone to study abroad. There are many programs in almost every university in the United States to travel to another country. In order to broaden your understanding of the world, most people think it's necessary to actually go see the world. This idea even extends back to a traditional trip called The Grand Tour in Europe.

For some, it can be difficult to travel abroad. It costs more money than staying at home, and when you arrive at a new country where you don't speak the language, it becomes instantly difficult for you to communicate with people. I became illiterate overnight coming to China. Once I landed here, I could no longer read or write, and even worse, I can't speak or listen to people. For many people, this can be very scary. So there are many challenges of studying abroad, such as: financial problems, language barrier and nostalgia for your home. But for me, at least, there is much more positive that comes out of studying abroad than negative.

When you travel, you learn more about other people, food, languages, customs, cultures and countries. And when you learn more about others, you learn more about yourself.
返回页首 向下
https://sanxia.forumotion.com
20Ryan4united

20Ryan4united

帖子数 : 20
注册日期 : 11-10-10
年龄 : 31
地点 : Wanzhou,Chongqing

Traveling Abroad Empty
帖子主题: 回复: Traveling Abroad   Traveling Abroad Empty周四 十月 13, 2011 12:00 pm

Nmm,as a English Major student,I gonna to go abroad if I am able to.Could give me suggestions?Such as how to prepare it and how to get used to live in a foreign country. Question
返回页首 向下
Nate
Admin
Nate

Traveling Abroad Empty
帖子主题: 回复: Traveling Abroad   Traveling Abroad Empty周四 十月 13, 2011 1:16 pm

Ryan, I don't know what traveling abroad is like for Chinese citizens. I don't know what the hurdles are that you need to pass. But, if you are able to go abroad, make sure to study the language as much as possible. Also get as much information about the country as you can before you go there. Watch TV shows from that country, read the news from that country, find a penpal from that country. Try to just soak up as much information about the place as you can before you get there.

Then, when you arrive, immerse yourself in the culture and language. That means go outside and try to talk to people. Try to understand what motivates people to do what they do.

For me, many things that Chinese people do here are confusing. At first I didn't understand why everyone wants to stare at me and take a picture. It can be a frustrating experience, mostly because it's annoying. I have traveled to about 15 countries so far and never has anyone wanted to take my picture. But now, here, everyone does. It was a shock. But I realized that most Chinese people don't get to see foreigners, so it's new to them when they meet a foreigner. It can be difficult to continue smiling and taking hundreds of pictures and noticing people stare at you, but that is adjusting to life. There are many challenges then you move to a new place, and it often depends on where you will go.

Most importantly, keep an open mind. No matter where you go, it won't be like your home. Your way of life is not the only way of life. And if you are open to a new way of life, you will learn a lot about the world.
返回页首 向下
Better

Traveling Abroad Empty
帖子主题: YEAH!!   Traveling Abroad Empty周四 十月 13, 2011 3:02 pm

Yeah, we will happen to many difficulties and something that difficult to understand when we are abroad.But you are brave and confident.Another things that we are generally difficult to see a foreigner at school or other place,so we are
all surpised and delightful to be able to see you.Of course ,you are handsome , humorous and accessible ,and then they want to take photos together with you .
Really,your university in America is much common to go abroad to study? But we are seldom to have opportunity to go abroad.,which maybe the reason is that our *** system in China.
we all want to go abroad ,but it seems impossible so for ,as it needs very high conditions at university unlike you are in America university.
I wish one day I could travel other countries as like you,too.I will work hard now.Your Country is good for your education and I want to know more about your education in America.At the same time ,you can ask me about something In China.Thanks a lot your reply.
返回页首 向下
Better

Traveling Abroad Empty
帖子主题: 回复: Traveling Abroad   Traveling Abroad Empty周四 十月 13, 2011 3:17 pm

In your reply I recognize some new word that can express mood. According to your asking ,Where your income come from? How to solve some problem in daily life such as finance, food ....?
返回页首 向下
20Ryan4united

20Ryan4united

Traveling Abroad Empty
帖子主题: 回复: Traveling Abroad   Traveling Abroad Empty周四 十月 13, 2011 10:43 pm

Nate:I think I must think and do much as your suggestion.I hope I will be able to do something 4 years later.Thanks for your suggestions.Because the world is open at present.
About some actions what you feel confusing angry and frustrating,it maybe caused by curiosity and some native cultures.Our country is open but it is closed in some ways.Many of native people only know something about foreigners and foreign countries in some news(They often are wrong).It is too simple,*** and not so good.Maybe we can talk a lot about that when we are both live in a new place. study Because I'm from Fuzhou a capital of Fujian Province.My home is in the southeast of China and far away from here.
返回页首 向下
Nate
Admin
Nate

Traveling Abroad Empty
帖子主题: 回复: Traveling Abroad   Traveling Abroad Empty周六 十月 15, 2011 1:26 am

Better: I don't understand. Are you asking where does my income come from? I am a volunteer, so I have no income. I do have a stipend, which is a monthly allowance that provides me with enough money to eat and explore different places with enough comfort. However, I do not make enough money to save. Solving problems like where to eat and how to manage financial problems can be difficult while you are abroad, but for me it's worth the struggle! China is actually, in my opinion, a very comfortable place to live.

Ryan: You are absolutely correct. Sometimes you will be confused when in another culture because of how someone does something. An example from me was we had National Holiday. In the United States, when you have a holiday, you do not have school, which is the same as here. However, in China, students had class on Saturday and Sunday to make up those classes. That is something that would not happen in the United States. What is the point of having a vacation if you are going to make up the days later on? Sometimes things just don't make sense when you're abroad! But you have to roll with the changes and make the best of it. That was really just a minor difference, but it still does not make sense to me.
返回页首 向下
20Ryan4united

20Ryan4united

Traveling Abroad Empty
帖子主题: 回复: Traveling Abroad   Traveling Abroad Empty周六 十月 15, 2011 10:50 am

Nate:I don't know clearly that why do We have school on Sat or Sun.But every year,some workers and experts of the government will make a plan of the vacation arrangement for that of next year.Sometimes the change is unreasonable. pig For example,this National Day vacation is made up of 3 days lawful vacation and 2 times 2 days weekend.The days are put in together.
You are right that we should adapt to anything about a new place where we live in.But sometimes I will think a question that why does it like this?Both of them are very important and beneficial experience of me,I believe.
返回页首 向下
cellychen

帖子数 : 9
注册日期 : 11-10-13

Traveling Abroad Empty
帖子主题: 回复: Traveling Abroad   Traveling Abroad Empty周日 十月 16, 2011 4:10 pm

there are so many diffrence between chinese students American students Laughing Rolling Eyes
返回页首 向下
Sponsored content

Traveling Abroad Empty
帖子主题: 回复: Traveling Abroad   Traveling Abroad Empty

返回页首 向下

Traveling Abroad
返回页首 
1页/共1

您在这个论坛的权限:不能在这个论坛回复主题
Three Gorges University Forum :: General-
转跳到: