Three Gorges University Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three Gorges University Forum

This is a forum for students in Wanzhou, Chongqing that are attending the Three Gorges University.

首页首页  Latest imagesLatest images  搜索搜索  注册注册  登录  

Questions About Nate From Class

向下 
作者留言
Nate
Admin
Nate

帖子数 : 47
注册日期 : 11-09-20
年龄 : 35
地点 : Wanzhou, Chongqing

Questions About Nate From Class Empty
帖子主题: Questions About Nate From Class   Questions About Nate From Class Empty周三 九月 21, 2011 1:54 am

Do you love pets?
Yes, I do love pets. In America many people have dogs as pets, and I used to have a dog (Isabelle) before I came to China. She was a Newfoundland (a very large dog that slobbers) but passed away because of old age. Pets always make great friends.

Questions About Nate From Class 6167668479_d74936de5d
This is Isabelle, my family's dog from back home, enjoying the snow at our house.

If we get sleepy, what should we do?
Try to be awake in my class! Students need plenty of sleep and I know that in China you are all very busy, but it’s important you have lots of energy in my class.

Can you play guitar?
I cannot play guitar, though I wish I could. I know how to play the trombone and I have played in Symphonic Bands, an Orchestra, and a Jazz Band.

Questions About Nate From Class 6166134745_f658744a27_z
Playing with friends from college.

Do you have office hours?
Yes, I am planning on having them be on Monday and Thursday. I will make an announcement in class.

What is your QQ number?
My QQ number is: 2493916979.

How many classes do you teach?
I teach 8 different classes: 3 sophomore classes and 5 freshman. But in the month of October, I will teach 10 classes, so I will be busier than normal.

Who came with you to China?
I came to China with a Peace Corps group called “China 17.” We are the 17th group to come to China with the Peace Corps, and this group has 79 different volunteers. We go to Chongqing, Sichuan, Guizhou and Gansu. There is one more Peace Corps Volunteer here at San Xia University, her name is Marissa.

Questions About Nate From Class 6166146723_e6df9cd9eb
This picture represents 1/8 of the current Peace Corps volunteers serving in China

What do you think of our university?
I think this is a very nice university. I spend most of my time at the old campus, but I am enjoying my time at this university so far. They are tearing out the trees from the old campus in order to take them to the new campus, so this is *** life more bare over here.

What do you think of Chongqing?
Chongqing is very beautiful. When I first came by train, I was very impressed with the scenery. There are many mountains and a lot of beauty to see. Furthermore, I think the people here are among the nicest I have ever met.

What city do you like best?
Among my favorite cities in the world are: Budapest (Hungary), Barcelona (Spain), and Rio de Janeiro (Brazil). In China I have only been to Chengdu and Wanzhou, but I hope to travel more here. Let me know some suggestions for travel destinations!

Questions About Nate From Class 6166766762_799a8bb43e
Traveling through Spain.

Do you like China?
Yes, China is a wonderful country. This is my first time in Asia, so everything for me in this country is new. I have met many Chinese people in America, but I’m very thankful to have this first-hand experience here.

Do you enjoy singing songs?
Contrary to popular belief, not all Americans enjoy singing music. I do not like singing or KTV, which is why I play an instrument.

Please describe yourself in a few words.
I think I am a pretty relaxed person. I enjoy travel, reading, watching TV, playing baseball and enjoying life. I like to learn languages, so I am excited to get a good handle on 汉语.

Questions About Nate From Class 6166160671_59f21997c1_z
Playing baseball in high school.

Where are you going to travel?
I’m not sure where I’m going to travel yet, but some of my friends want to plan a trip to Thailand because we are so close. If you have any good suggestions, please let me know!

How do you define the border between love and friendship?
I think friendship ends when someone feels very strongly for another person. Once someone is no longer satisfied with friendship and wants something more, I think that is love.

What is your favorite kind of music?
I like many different kinds of music, not just one genre. But some of my favorite artists are: Nujabes, Rooney, Vampire Weekend and Sublime. I also like many Spanish bands, such as: Lori Meyers, Macaco, Jarabe de Palo, Los Amigos Invisibles and Fran Perea.

Will you teach me Spanish?
¡Por supuesto! O, por lo menos, unas frases útiles. Es bueno saberlo porque hay mucha gente en el mundo que habla español.
返回页首 向下
https://sanxia.forumotion.com

Questions About Nate From Class
返回页首 
1页/共1

您在这个论坛的权限:不能在这个论坛回复主题
Three Gorges University Forum :: General-
转跳到: